Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snot A Good Day

I'm sick.

I haven't felt so hot for the last few days, so I started downing vitamin C, zinc, and lots of fluids trying to ward off whatever evil mucus-filled virus was coming my way, but it didn't work. Today, I am sick…and it sucks.

Since the weekend, I have slept about 14 hours per day. I am trying to get plenty of rest when I am not at work and don't seem to have any trouble sleeping. Despite all the rest I'm getting, it just doesn't seem to be enough. I want to curl up in bed and stay there until I am better.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way. Kirsten still has to get to school, church, and work. I still have to feed myself and visit the bathroom occasionally. I also still have to go to work. Luckily, my job has almost zero interaction with other people. I can be sick without spreading it to anyone and no one even knows about it.

I am left to wonder if I have a cold or if this is a residual effect of all the smoke I breathed in when my house tried to kill me a few days ago. It could even be a combination of the two. Either way, I will be grateful when it finally passes.

Whatever the cause, my medicine-induced, fuzzy-headed, double-vision, snot-running, room-spinning state makes it difficult to focus on writing, so this will be a short post.

6 more hours and I'll be back home in my own bed.

18 comments:

  1. It's the worst when you can't just be in bed all the time, but enjoy the time you can. Feel better, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll get there. I don't get sick very often, so it really sucks when I do.

      Delete
  2. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Don't thank me, it's selfish as I hope to see you return to full blogger form as quickly as possible so I have more to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will do my best. And I have no problem with selfish requests. I make them all the time.

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon. Drink fluids! I hear that's good for things like this.

    Can you tell I have limited knowledge of how to take care of sick people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright. I am the same. I usually just tough it out until it passes.

      Delete
  4. Feel better, Brett! I hope whatever it is, passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's just a chest cold. They don't usually hit me this hard. It will pass.

      Delete
    2. I thought mine was just a chest cold. When it finally got bad enough to force me to seek medical attention, an entirely unfunny comedy of errors ensued. End result, pneumonia left untreated for more than a week that I am still trying to recover from.

      Keep a close eye on it.

      Delete
    3. I will. Thank you. I seem to be getting better today.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. Being sick and still having to function in society and not curled up in your own bed is the worstest!! Feel better soon. I had a bad bug a couple of weeks ago and still had to slog through work and mommy duties. It was such fun. It lasted a while, too. Hope yours clears up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am far from being better, but I believe I feel better than yesterday. Hopefully, back to 100% within a few days.

      Delete
  6. Drink lots of fluids (non-alcoholic) and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of that sounds like it might be from your house. If you're coughing or your chest hurts, it's probably from the smoke. Either way, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of the smoke seems to be gone, but I think I breathed it long enough that it caused me some problems. I am starting to recuperate now, so hopefully, I will be better soon.

      Delete
  8. Therefore, I hope to hit the hay around 8:30 tonight. Although you seem to have all the snot, my dry cough hurts my chest.

    I didn't have a hot toddy the first couple nights, thinking it would make it harder to get up for work, but screw that. Tonight ...soon in fact...I'm breakin' out the whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had one.

      I would love to crawl back into bed and not go to work tonight, but for some reason they don't pay me when I do that.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.